Official Government Website

Submerged Land Lease

The beds and banks of navigable waterways are public lands.  Some private uses of these lands require annual compensation through a lease pursuant to IDAPA 20.03.17 Rules Governing Leases on State-Owned Submerged Lands and Formerly Submerged Lands.  Commercial uses such as marinas, stores and restaurants, as well as some private uses such as community docks, float homes, and other non-navigational encroachments require a submerged land lease. 

Lease Process

For additional information, review the Idaho Department of Lands Submerged Land Leases Procedures.

Winter Dock Storage

Frey Dock and Barge, Hayden Lake – Windy Bay

Frey Dock and Barge, Coeur d’Alene Lake – Rockford Bay

Harrison Dock Builders, Coeur d’Alene – Powderhorn Bay

North Idaho Maritime, Coeur d’Alene Lake – Cougar Bay


Department Contact – Boise Staff Office

Eric Wilson, Bureau Chief
Resource Protection and Assistance Bureau
Public Trust Lands
(208) 334-0261

For questions specific to a location, please contact the nearest Supervisory Area

Make Payment Change of Address Notification

ver: 3.4.0 | last updated: