Bridges, dams, utility lines, and similar structures crossing above, in, or under navigable waterways require an easement from the Idaho Department of Lands (IDL) pursuant to IDAPA 20.03.09 – Rules for Easements On State-Owned Navigable Waterways.
- Applicant completes and submits an application packet to the local Supervisory Area Office, which includes:
- Application Form
- $500 application fee (hydroelectric producing dams and uses of submerged or formerly submerged lands as a substitute for or to reduce or eliminate the use of uplands require a supplemental fee payable prior to issuance of the easement).
- Detailed plans
- Legal description of easement area
- Copy of Idaho Department of Water Resources Stream Channel Alteration Permit (if applicable)
- IDL reviews the application and will notify applicants if additional information is needed to process the application.
- If approved, IDL will mail the applicant the documents to sign and return to IDL along with the balance on the fee.