Legal Authority for Issuing Fire Restrictions
Idaho uses an interagency approach for initiating fire restrictions or closures that helps provide consistency among the land management partners and defines the restriction boundaries so they are easily distinguishable to the public.
Fire restrictions are enacted and repealed using a transparent proclamation-based process defined in the Idaho Fire Restrictions Plan. Our frequently asked questions webpage for general restriction questions includes more information about the specific statutes and rules that govern fire restrictions.
- 8-30-2023 – Stage 1 Recission Order – Coeur d’ Alene Dispatch Area
- 8-30-2023 – Stage 1 Fire Restrictions Order – Coeur d’ Alene Dispatch Area
- 8-30-2023 – Stage 2 Recission Order – Coeur d’Alene Dispatch Area
- 8-22-2023 – Recission order – Central Idaho Dispatch Area
- 8-2-2023 – Stage 2 Fire Restrictions – Coeur d’Alene Dispatch Area
- 7-28-2023 – Stage 1 Fire Restrictions – Central Idaho Dispatch Area